Some people are saying that email is a dying medium and that social medias will overtake the old workhorse. Analytical data shows this could not be further from the truth – at least in 2014. Email is not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. If you’re trying to drive people to visit your site, email is a still a proven and viable method to accomplish that task.
Email “the original social network”
• There are 3 times as many email accounts as there are Facebook and Twitter combined.
• The total posts on FB and Twitter equal only 0.2% of all the email traffic.
• The total number of searches on Google, Bing and Yahoo equals just 1.1% of email traffic.
• The total number of page views on the Internet equals 25% of total number of emails sent.
• Nearly 4 times as many emails are sent a day than FB and Twitter updates, Google, Yahoo, and Bing searches and Internet pages views combined.
• 294 billion email messages are sent each day.
• 92% of adult US Internet users send or read email.
• 3.3 billion email accounts are estimated to exist in 2012
• The big three email programs are Microsoft’s Hotmail (now called Outlook), Yahoo! Mail and Gmail, together accounting for well over 1 billion users.
Statistical source: Radicati Group, 2012
I am well-versed in several email marketing systems and have strategies to help you acquire more email addresses and start your own email marketing program.